Skip to main content

Blushed Right Out Of My Chair

Bitter disappointment today. Marvel apparently no longer accept writing solicitations. A week ago it was, blah blah "Marvel is always looking for talent" and now it's "Marvel no longer accepts submissions."

What a kick in the ass. Granted I haven't received replies from both of my letters to them, but I'm sure with this news I can now look forward to not hearing from them at all.

Huge waste of my time it was even writing the submission. I honestly worked up something so well-written that I unbiasedly attest is much better than most of the stuff coming out in the medium today. But this is me being bitterly in denial, so I'll shut the hell up presently.

Good day to you all.

Comments

  1. Don't give up just keep trying you'll find somewhere for your work, I'm sure, Elton.

    Best wishes,

    Annie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Small History on Halloween in the States

Here's a link . This is a quick little read about Halloween and its development in the "New World". I've been a stanch believer that Halloween in America today is well and truly crafted here, though very much of traditions from the "Old World". But the conglomeration of the holiday is well and formed here in the States, from the carving of the first jack-o'-lanterns to trick or treating as a homegrown manifestation. A lot of these Halloween traditions were simultaneously developed up north with our Canadian cousins too, I'm sure. But with the bigger population Halloween became larger here in the States. And this story gives us some insight into the idea that while Halloween has some traditions that date back to pre-Christ times, what we celebrate here today in America is very much a melting pot of our own construction. This is important to me as this holiday is very much a part of the American experience and identity. If I have to say it aloud, I hav...

Marketing

Is it ever too early to market your book? This question is retroactive to pre-publishing, too. I know very little about marketing. In fact, I guess I know nothing at all. My plan has always been, from the beginning, to get my story out there . To have people read it - that's the point to all of this. That's why this blog exists. And yet now I find myself searching for new, constructive ways to market this book. So far, I've been searching for an artist for the cover. I have it completely planned out, but I could screw up a stick figure, so I'll leave this to the pros. I'm wondering if it's too soon to design a website. Would a website even work for an unpublished work? I don't know. These are things I am looking into to help market my first novel. I've never had much use for an ego, but is self-promotion really egotistical? Or will it only hasten my prospect for publishing? Hmm.