Skip to main content

Add Some Meaning to your Halloweening with UNICEF

I just wanted to share a commercial that came out last Halloween season from Unicef. Now the big U and Halloween have gone hand-in-hand together for over 70 years helping kids with fresh water and food. Last year they had their annual Halloween commercial that just is the coolest, most atmospheric one to date. I absolutely love it.


The 30-sec film is practically the most Halloween commercial ever, at least in the days of Covid. It is this small, quick package of wonderful, and the message is a good one, too. It features a pair of really cool blow mold ghosts, some jack-o'-lanterns, a scarecrow that I think winks at me, and a TV stuck on a dead channel. It's a shame that those cute little orange milk cartons for collecting quarters are no longer a thing, but it appears that the carton has given way to a digital giving experience via the QR code above.

Here's the video below from their YouTube channel. It's a favorite of mine, and I've been watching it this Halloweentober even though it wasn't on television like it was last year.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Small History on Halloween in the States

Here's a link . This is a quick little read about Halloween and its development in the "New World". I've been a stanch believer that Halloween in America today is well and truly crafted here, though very much of traditions from the "Old World". But the conglomeration of the holiday is well and formed here in the States, from the carving of the first jack-o'-lanterns to trick or treating as a homegrown manifestation. A lot of these Halloween traditions were simultaneously developed up north with our Canadian cousins too, I'm sure. But with the bigger population Halloween became larger here in the States. And this story gives us some insight into the idea that while Halloween has some traditions that date back to pre-Christ times, what we celebrate here today in America is very much a melting pot of our own construction. This is important to me as this holiday is very much a part of the American experience and identity. If I have to say it aloud, I hav...

As of Today...

Nothing is certainly new. My fingers are still crossed, regarding Marvel. I really think I put together an ambitious letter inquiry for them. Now, if I could just get them to want to see my writing... If not, I will do my best to overwhelm their mail department with inquiry letters for the next few weeks. Eventually, someone's going to write back. I still haven't touched UNIQUE . This has to be a good thing. This is the longest I have gone without opening up the story and fixing something. The movie script project has been without attention lately, too. How unfortunate is the only thing I can think of. For thirty pages I was bursting with energy and creativity. I think I really got caught up in the BLADE script, and that settled me down for a few weeks. I need to get the enthusiasm back! And then there's school. Astronomy is the only class that can retain my interest for an hour and a half. But it's good to have the history lessons refreshed in my mind. It's good t...