Skip to main content

Happy Halloweentober!

Halloweentober is here, and to be honest it feels like it came out of nowhere! I woke up one morning, and it was October 1. That's usually how it works, right? So it's time to do the Spooky Season!

I'm starting the spooky movies watchlist tonight with Rosemary's Baby. I own the Criterion Collection bluray and have for many years, but it's just never made it to my viewing list. Until now. I'm a John Cassavetes fan, and this is one of his I have yet to see.

Decorations are going up as I type. I've pulled a slew of my original paper decorations from my days as a toddler and they're going up on walls presently. Vinyl copy of WNUF TV28 Frank Stewart Investigates is on the record player for some background ambiance, pumpkin and apple candles lit for that sweet autumn aroma.

I Hope you all have a great October! Enjoy your Pumpkin Spice Lattes one and all!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Small History on Halloween in the States

Here's a link . This is a quick little read about Halloween and its development in the "New World". I've been a stanch believer that Halloween in America today is well and truly crafted here, though very much of traditions from the "Old World". But the conglomeration of the holiday is well and formed here in the States, from the carving of the first jack-o'-lanterns to trick or treating as a homegrown manifestation. A lot of these Halloween traditions were simultaneously developed up north with our Canadian cousins too, I'm sure. But with the bigger population Halloween became larger here in the States. And this story gives us some insight into the idea that while Halloween has some traditions that date back to pre-Christ times, what we celebrate here today in America is very much a melting pot of our own construction. This is important to me as this holiday is very much a part of the American experience and identity. If I have to say it aloud, I hav...

Marketing

Is it ever too early to market your book? This question is retroactive to pre-publishing, too. I know very little about marketing. In fact, I guess I know nothing at all. My plan has always been, from the beginning, to get my story out there . To have people read it - that's the point to all of this. That's why this blog exists. And yet now I find myself searching for new, constructive ways to market this book. So far, I've been searching for an artist for the cover. I have it completely planned out, but I could screw up a stick figure, so I'll leave this to the pros. I'm wondering if it's too soon to design a website. Would a website even work for an unpublished work? I don't know. These are things I am looking into to help market my first novel. I've never had much use for an ego, but is self-promotion really egotistical? Or will it only hasten my prospect for publishing? Hmm.