I found a local creator on Instagram who makes these amazing figures, box an all. He has a host of other figures in his catalog, but the ones I am most excited for are the Trimper's figures, based creatively on the OC dark ride.
The first one I've picked up is the Ghoul. He is a gorgeous fella, all 12" inches of him! From what I've learned so far from chatting with the Toy Fiend online is that he makes these figures with pre-existing parts and then customizes them and puts them in their own packaging (which I must say is every bit as gorgeous as the figures themselves).
He also has these "Boogie Monsters" versions of the Trimper guys, the Vampire, the Werewolf, and the Ghoul in their garish 1970s style feather boa and Jim Morrison pants. There is also the Dark Ride Skeleton, whom I was most excited for, but was sold before the characters even made it online. So as of now I have a standing order for the rest of the brat pack.
There was also a 4" Dark Ride Mummy that I nearly grabbed, but this too was snagged a moment before I could. Well, October new figures should be up, and so will my credit card balance.
I'm quite new to the custom figure scene, but these are some of the most incredible collectibles I've seen in ages. Other than Batman, Blade, D and a few other figures, I haven't really collected many figures. But upon seeing these on the 'Gram, I went nuts. I waited for them to become available online day and night, hoping I could score as many as possible. (He saved the figures for a con before distributing them back on the interwebs...).
Comments
Post a Comment