Skip to main content

Tales of Halloween


Tales of Halloween. I finally got to watch the movie, and it's really fun. Almost as good as Trick or Treat good. It has more stories, for sure. I love horror anthology films, and this one, being Halloween-centric, is near the top of my fave list.

One of the stories is about a couple that cannot of a child of their own, and so, the woman's, er, stronger side comes out and does what needs to be done. It's horrifying, honestly. And Pollyanna McIntosh is gorgeous in this skit, if not terrifying. She's a sexy witch!

There's a couple stories that I didn't care for, like the slasher killer story. It just wasn't my thing. The story with the little devil and the big devil going all anarchy on the neighborhood was incredible. And Barry Bostwick does a tremendous Satan. 

But I think maybe the best story is Sweet Tooth. It was gruesome and I didn't see it coming. This guy could have his own movie. And This Means War story is just fantastic, and it kind of tells the story of two different fans of Halloween butting heads until the holiday is ruined for all. I give this Two large jack-o-lanterns. I think this will be an annual watch.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Small History on Halloween in the States

Here's a link . This is a quick little read about Halloween and its development in the "New World". I've been a stanch believer that Halloween in America today is well and truly crafted here, though very much of traditions from the "Old World". But the conglomeration of the holiday is well and formed here in the States, from the carving of the first jack-o'-lanterns to trick or treating as a homegrown manifestation. A lot of these Halloween traditions were simultaneously developed up north with our Canadian cousins too, I'm sure. But with the bigger population Halloween became larger here in the States. And this story gives us some insight into the idea that while Halloween has some traditions that date back to pre-Christ times, what we celebrate here today in America is very much a melting pot of our own construction. This is important to me as this holiday is very much a part of the American experience and identity. If I have to say it aloud, I hav...

Marketing

Is it ever too early to market your book? This question is retroactive to pre-publishing, too. I know very little about marketing. In fact, I guess I know nothing at all. My plan has always been, from the beginning, to get my story out there . To have people read it - that's the point to all of this. That's why this blog exists. And yet now I find myself searching for new, constructive ways to market this book. So far, I've been searching for an artist for the cover. I have it completely planned out, but I could screw up a stick figure, so I'll leave this to the pros. I'm wondering if it's too soon to design a website. Would a website even work for an unpublished work? I don't know. These are things I am looking into to help market my first novel. I've never had much use for an ego, but is self-promotion really egotistical? Or will it only hasten my prospect for publishing? Hmm.